We live in a world of clicks and likes. The dawn of the digital era brought in all things good, powerful, and overwhelming. If you own a brand today, be it a small business or a large corporation, you need to have a remarkable online presence – without which your brand could become obsolete too soon.
A lot goes into the term digital presence. It is not merely about owning a website anymore. It is about showing up on SERPs (Search Engine Rank Pages); it is about creating a strong digital marketing strategy, using smart SEO, and being consistent with SMM.
These acronyms, however exciting they are, might feel a little intimidating to many. In this article, we’ll simplify them for you to help you make the most of them.
The Importance Of SEO In Digital Marketing
What is SEO?
SEO or Search Engine Optimisation makes it easy for any search engine to index your website and make you appear on the SERPs. In simple terms, it makes you visible! Therefore, it makes it easier for a potential customer to find and select you among the 1000 others.
SEO is not just one but a group of activities combined together to provide you with long-term results. SEO campaigns aim at giving you a high search engine rank while also driving organic and unpaid traffic to your website. This enables you to sustain existing customers and gain new ones.
How to use SEO in your business?
“Successful SEO is not about tricking Google. It’s about PARTNERING with Google to provide the best search results for Google’s users.” – Phil Frost, Main Street ROI.
Like Phil Frost rightly said, you need to partner with a search engine, enabling your site to become prominent. Here are a few mandatory steps that are proven to give your website the best results.
- The relevant and right use of Keywords: Keywords are the words used while searching for a particular product/entity online. When you use the right keywords, your site will be listed at the top of the result pages. Long-tail keywords offer small businesses a better advantage, while short-tail keywords could be generic. Finding and analyzing the correct keywords could be challenging but not impossible.
- Overuse of keywords is a no-no: Keywords, however important they are, never use too many. Keyword stuffing can have a negative impact on your site. Once you analyze the right keywords, integrate them into your content. Using them in the right area will help your audience understand the context of your site better. You could include them in your headlines, meta title, meta description, and in the right portions across the web pages and the content itself.
- Build and Earn Backlinks: Backlinks are the links that appear on your website; they could be links to your own site or to other credible resources. By building backlinks, you have a fair chance to have a high search engine rank. When you generate authentic content, you become credible, allowing other sites to list you on their backlinks. However, this could open prospects for collaborations. You can ask owners of other sites to list you in their backlinks as well.
- Quality Content: It all comes boiling down to this – Content Creation. Generate high-quality, authentic, and relevant content regularly. Be consistent in this process, as quality and quantity offer you greater advantages. Your main mission is to give people answers. And when they trust you for them, they remain loyal. Thereby, building brand awareness and loyalty.
The Importance of SMM In Digital Marketing
What is SMM?
SMM or Social Media Marketing is a process by which you open up your brand – you document the process, share achievements, market, and grow – on a more influential and personal level. You can be the influence or you can buy the influence. And, you can never ignore the power of social media. As of January 2022, there are 4.62 billion active social media users. So why not market your brand to them?
How to use SMM in your business?
Social Media is a fascinating platform. Changes happen every day, and keeping up with them takes practice and smartness. While there are several ways to use social media for business growth, here is a shortlist of steps to keep you afloat.
- Always have a plan: This is the right place to start, don’t you think? Start by creating a presence, post, publicize and improve as you go. Have clear, timely goals and set a target audience. Your target audience must be a focused list based on your mighty research.
- Research your competition and flow trends: Analyze and understand how your competitors use social media. But do not blatantly copy them. You could be a part of trends or be the trendsetter; both have their own perks.
- Interact and Expand your audience: Social media is all about collaborations and communications. Here you can directly speak and sell your product to your audience. Build relationships and direct that organic traffic to your website.
- Consistency and Quality: Be consistent with posting related content but remember, quality over quantity. And, never hesitate to change your short-time goals based on the audience’s pulse. Not to forget about the momentum marketing here – catch on the trend to cash on it.
- Analyze & Reflect: It’s a best practice to analyze the traction once every quarter by employing the right kind of KPIs. Also, not every social media marketing can be a win-win. A few failed strategies can be used to figure out what works in SMM and what does not.
SEO Vs SMM – A Contrast
SEO shows your business to a potential customer, and SMM allows you to tell your story at a more intimate level. Impulse buying and immediate purchases can happen through SMM; this could make your business viral overnight! SEO marks your authenticity while SMM helps build customer relationships. SEO relies on keywords, while SMM relies on interactions. SEO attracts users with creative headlines, whereas SMM attracts users with interactive and engaging content.
Digital Marketing Success Using SEO and SMM Together – The tips
Okay, so now that we’ve given you a broad view of the perks of SEO and SMM, we are here to tell you that you need both of these pillars to achieve digital marketing success.
- Create SEO integrated content and share them on social media
- Social media sharing can help build links
- SMM engagement increases organic website traffic
- Incorporate social media into the website
- Analyze and compare SEO and SMM keywords
- Capture SMM attention when the usage is at its peak
- Conduct regular SMM and SEO audits
With all this information at hand, go on now and create a stellar online presence. But wait, we can help you better with our team of experts from Wild Creek Web Studio. Contact us today to spin your digital marketing game for good.